Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Review: Defrizz Styling Products

When the air is especially damp, I get really frizzy hair. Not only does it look like a mess, but I don't like the feel of it either. Where I live, there is usually a lot of moisture in the air, so frizzy hair is a problem for me. Since the summer, I have been trying two different products to help combat this problem and help style my hair: one is a drug store buy and the other is Bumble & bumble.

Bumble & bumble Defrizz

This product was $30 for this 125 mL bottle from Sephora, which is insane. The defrizz cream did work. I would would put one dollop in my hands and work through the hair before styling. The formula is clear and doesn't smell bad, but you have to be careful to not use too much in one spot, as it will make your hair look and feel oily. After a while the effect would wear off and more would need to be applied. I was using it very quickly, and for $30 I don't think its worth it. If you can find a cheaper one, then I would recommend it as something to try, as it may work better on other hair types, and it did help maintain my mane.

Pantene Pro-V Stylers Styling Balm

When compared to the B&b styling cream, this was much more reasonable and achieved a very similar result. I applied this in a similar fashion, but it came out in pumps, which I liked better than the B&b bottle. The formula was white, and if too much was applied, it did not make my hair look as oily as the B&b did. On the other hand, I could not stand the smell of this formula; however, after styling my hair and spraying some hair spray, I couldn't smell it anymore. I would recommend this product, if you want to make a more price conscious purchase.

What styling/ defrizz creams would you recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment