Friday, August 2, 2013

Back to School Haul: Forever 21, Sephora,& More!

A couple of days ago I went to my local mall with one of my good friends for back to school clothes and other items. I hadn't shopped in a long time, not since before school let out, and now as a new school year approaches, it became imperative that I shop again.


The first place I stopped at was Bath & Body Works. They were having a promotion where you can get 5 hand sanitizers for $5 so naturally I picked out 5.

From left to right: Citrus Orchid Chill, Pink Chiffon, Coral Reef, Passionfruit Fig, and Stress Relief Eucalyptus Mint
They all smelled wonderful, and are the perfect size to put in my car, backpack, and purse. Also in Bath & Body Works, I picked up a holder for an air freshener for my car and some refills.

Top: Air Freshener Holder for Car
Bottom (left to right): Eucalyptus mint and Vanilla Coconut Air Freshener Refillers
Bath & Body Works had some adorable air freshener holders. The holders were so adorable!!! I am really liking the bow trend right now so I got that one, but there was also a purse shaped holder that I almost bought, among others. They are having a promotion right now: buy 3 get 1 free or buy 4 get 2 free. I used the latter promotion (my friend picked 3 refills and we combined our picks to get the items for less), and I only paid around $7 for all 3 items!

I also went to Charlotte Russe. I just love the accessories they have! I bought a necklace and a ring. They have a buy any 2 for $10 promotion on all of their jewelry.



The necklace has little gold bows and different sized faux pearls all over, which I thought was so adorable!! And the ring has a gold bow, plus the band is stretchy, so I can wear it on any finger (and its so cute!)

I also stopped at Sephora!
Above: Real Birthday Turn-ons by Benefit (I got it as a birthday gift for being a Sephora Beauty Insider and buying from Sephora during the month of my birthday)! It comes with a Benefit They're Real Mascara and Watt's up! highlighter (both minis).
Above: Naked by Urban Decay Basics Eye Shadow Palette, Bare Minerals Original SPF 15 Foundation, and Lancôme Long Lasting Undereye Concealer.
I think I may return the Concealer because I tried it and it didn't really work as well as I was expecting, and for the amount I paid for it, I think it should do a really good job. Maybe I got the wrong color? Have any of you had success with it?

Since I tend to use mostly neutral shades for eye shadow, I got the basic palette instead of the Naked 2 Palette, which is also more expensive.
Above: the Naked Basics eyeshadow palette (the box is covering the mirror so that light didn't reflect weirdly)
The shades from lightest to darkest: Venus, Foxy, Walk of Shame, Naked 2, Faint, and Crave
My final stop was Forever 21! I also got a bow ring from here, but I don't like it as much as the one I got from Charlotte Russe.
Above: Silver bow ring with stud from Forever 21 ($2.80).
And now for my favorite part...the Clothes (all are from Forever 21)!!


The sweater above would look so cute in the winter with a collar popping out on top!


I saw a dress like this that was white in Urban Outfitters for $40, but I bought this for about half that price! I don't know if you can see it, but there is an embroidered flowery pattern in the dress.


I don't know what happened with the lighting in this photo, but the sweater is just a plain black cotton cardigan (about the same color as the dress above).




I don't know if you an tell, but these shorts are lacy! I am just loving lace. I have been looking for lacy shorts for a long time, but they were usually too short or too expensive...I finally found some!!!

Well, there goes a couple weeks' worth of wages, but it was so worth it! I am a bit of a shopaholic...haha:) Have any of you picked up some cool items lately?

Have a wonderful day, lovelies!

4 comments:

  1. I love everything you bought! And I've just went on a shopping spree as well, because I just use "going back to school" as an excuse to guys stuff! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know what you mean! I am always looking for an excuse to shop:)

      Delete
  2. I just went on a shopping spree too! But this was for new year stuff (:
    I love those hand sanitizers! They smell so good! I just never pick up any because I barely use them... but they are so cute and smells like heaven.

    The Craziest Paradigm - a 'lil bit of rust & stardust

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before school I literally go to all those places too! Great post - you got some adorable things!
    xx abitgraceful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete