Monday, January 6, 2014

Movie Monday #2

As my break for the holidays nears its end, I reflect on the wonderful movies I saw the past couple of weeks. Some of my favorites are as follows:

Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues
Source
With an all-star cast consisting of Will Ferrell, Pau Rudd, Steve Carell, and David Koechner, Ron Burgundy returns in this hilarious sequel to Anchorman. While I have not yet seen the first, this movie was very hilarious and quite strange, particularly during the battle scene. Despite its silliness, I did enjoy the cameos with the likes of Tina Fey, Vince Vaughn, and Drake.

Anna Karenina
Source
Anna Karenina is on the complete opposite end of the spectrum of Anchorman 2. It too had a lovely cast with Keira Knightly, Jude Law, and Aaron Taylor-Johnson. The movie told of the rules and expectations of high-society in the late 1800s in Russia, which lead to a tragic ending. Regardless, the dresses featured were simply amazing. Why don't we were gowns like that and hold balls anymore?

Thor: The Dark World
Source
Thor is definitely one of my favorite Avengers. While I did not enjoy the second Thor movie as much as the first (has any sequel ever been better than the original?), I still loved this movie. I quite liked the strong role of women in this movie. Natalie Portman's character was very smart, as she was a physicist, and helped Thor save the universe. This quality is not one usually found in the heroines of modern superhero movies, and it was very refreshing to see.
  
Walt Disney's Sleeping Beauty
Source
Finally, I watched the classic Disney retelling of the popular fairy tale. While I did find many issues with this movie and the actions of the characters, it was still nice to relive my childhood. 

As you can see, I watched a wide variety of movies. If it is a good movie, I will watch it, regardless of genre. Have you seen any good films lately?

And remember to "stay classy."

No comments:

Post a Comment