Saturday, November 30, 2013

Black Friday

Hello all! I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving.

Over the week of Thanksgiving, I did a lot of shopping (a collective haul to come). One of these shopping escapades included Black Friday shopping. I went at 12:01 am because my parents would not allow me to shop on Thanksgiving. This turned out to be a blessing because by the time I got to my local mall, it was not as crowded as it had been previous years. I was prepared to have to wait outside, but I could walk right in! The only stores where there were substantial lines to check out were American Eagle (which was having 50% off the entire store) and Pink.

Photo courtesy of forbes.com

However, I was slightly disappointed with the deals in some of the stores. Forever 21 only had 50% off on select items, and Sephora only had one table with deals, but at both of these stores, there were no lines.

After shopping at the mall, I went to Wal-mart. At this point, it was about 2:30 am. They had awesome deals on newly released movies, ranging from $1.96 to 4.96, and they were selling full seasons of shows for $9.96! When I went to make my purchases, there wasn't a line at the self-checkout. As you can see, my Black Friday experience was very smooth, and I did not witness any of the madness that is normally associated with Black Friday. Do you have any Black Friday stories?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment